FROZ'N MOTION PRICE LIST PAGE

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Busted...




It is one thing to photograph people. It is another to make others care about them by revealing the core of their humanness.
~Paul Strand



They caught me.
Busted...
I was zooming in on them and they saw me.

We had just arrived at the Karol Bagh Metro Station in Delhi and raced down the stairs to catch an auto back to the hotel.

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted these two incredibly tiny, raggedly dressed and filthy dirty street urchins hiding behind a cement pillar watching us. As we walked past them, they both zoomed across to the next pillar, fantastically comic-like, like you would see on an episode of Bugs Bunny. And each time I looked over at them, they laughingly hid behind the pillar and all I could see was their huge eyes peering out from behind the yellow painted column of cement.

That was when I pulled out my camera and began clicking them.

When they got over their initial shyness, I offered them each 10 rupees to photograph them and Henna offered them her can of Diet Coke. They were more happy with the Coke than anything else and hung around for about 30 seconds before racing off in search of another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment